NIMS: Introduction to the National Incident Management System DVD provides NIMS video training describing response protocols for hazardous materials, terrorist and other major incidents. Focus is on the Incident Command System.
Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5) calls for development of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) - a consistent yet flexible nation-wide framework for managing all types of domestic incidents at the local, state, and federal levels of government.
Emergency organizations are required to adopt NIMS in order to receive federal preparedness grants. This program is designed for law enforcement, fire departments, emergency management, and other emergency response organizations.
Topics covered include:
- The structure of ICS
- The advantages of using a standardized incident management system during complex response situations
- How Command is established and transferred
- When and how Unified Command is used
- The roles and responsibilities of the Incident Commander's staff
- The four sections that may be activated at complex incidents: Operations, Planning, Logistics, and Administration & Finance
- The role of Multi-Agency Coordination Systems (MACS) and emergency operations centers
- Managing incident-related intelligence
- Model Procedures Guide Included with DVD
Includes Leader's Guide.
For international orders, please call 713-621-1100.
NOTE: The price in the shopping cart reflects special offer. Regular price when discount ends is $350.00.
|Technical Committee||John Buckman, Zachary Goldfarb, Kenneth Honig, Kevin Neary, Greg Noll|
|Course Length||28 minutes|