Incident Command System (ICS) DVD provides video training in the Incident Command System (ICS), which is a core element of NIMS, and describes the roles and responsibilities of the key players.
Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5) calls for development of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), a consistent yet flexible nation-wide framework for managing all types of domestic incident at the local, state, and federal levels of government. Response organizations are required to adopt NIMS in order to receive federal preparedness grants. Designed for law enforcement, firefighters, emergency managers, emergency medical personnel, government agencies, the military, security, and facility management personnel who may respond to incidents or be involved in joint response operations.
Topics covered include:
- How to manage resources from multiple agencies and jurisdictions
- How all key players in a response work together effectively
- A common organizational structure
- Decision-making under ICS
- The relationship of federal, state, and private sector officials
- Unified command
- Defining roles and resource channels
- The role of the Incident Commander
- The importance of adopting a spirit of cooperation and trust
- Operations, Planning, Logistics, and Administration & Finance Section roles and responsibilities
- Developing response objectives
- Establishing the command post and emergency operations center(s)
- Size-up issues, securing the area and control zones
- Includes a Model Procedures Guide to help jurisdictions establish an ICS System
Includes Leader's Guide.
For international orders, please call 713-621-1100.
NOTE: The price in the shopping cart reflects special offer. Regular price when discount ends is $395.00.
|Technical Committee||Don Abbott, Donald Burns (dec.), Greg Noll, Paul Penn, Glen Rudner, Don Savage|
|Course Length||24 minutes|