This informative training video focuses on the ecological impact of oil spills on land and along the shoreline.
Topics covered include:
- The ecological impact of oil spills on land and along the shoreline
- Contingency plans
- Control activities and spill countermeasures: low and high-pressure washing, sand blasting, soil washing, physical removal, mechanical removal, vacuum pumping, use of sorbents, degradation, and bioremediation
- Potential impact of treatment methods
- Safety precautions
- How land spills behave
- Preparing for an approaching spill
- How intrusive clean-up methods can delay natural recovery
- The special problems of shoreline clean-up
For international orders, please call 713-621-1100.
|Technical Committee||Cdr. Mike Drieu, Brian Fay, Cdr. Phil Glenn, Joe Leonard, William Nichols, Greg Noll, Jim OBrien, Capt. Frank Whipple, Ed Wieliczewski|
|Course Length||28 minutes|